uHex - A simple and fast multiplatform hex editor
Copyright © Mateusz Viste 2013-2015
uHex is a simple and fast multiplatform hex editor. Although primarily written for DOS, it can be used just as well on other platforms (any POSIX system providing a curses implementation should work). uHex has been written with care to work fast even on an 8086 CPU, providing support for large files (up to 2 GiB) while using minimal amounts of memory. "uHex" stands for "micro Hex" (it should actually be spelled µHex, but DOS operating systems do not allow non-ASCII symbols in filenames, thus the official name became just "uHex").
uHex supports several video text modes (80x25, 80x43, 80x50.. and any other, as long as it has at least 80 columns), both in color and black & white modes.
Hardware requirements (DOS version)
uHex has very low requirements. It runs on anything that provides:
- an 8086/8088 compatible CPU,
- a MS-DOS 2.0 compatible operating system,
- ca. 20K of free conventional memory,
- an 80 columns video mode.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
You can get uHex files in the download area.